Monday, June 24, 2019

Motorcycle Miles 2019.

Another Good Day on the North Shore.


Where the sky meets the sea,
That's where you'll find me.

The Virago started right up.

"Both of us want to get going," I said to my wife, who was ready to wave 'so long, senor' from our porch.

Port Bruce was packed to the gunnels when I entered by way of the lakeside road. Sailboats, kayaks and more glided upon the waters of Erie's north shore.

The smell of French Fries, malt vinegar and cheese burgers greeted me as I parked opposite The Sand Castle diner.

"I sold my house well over a year ago,
Bought a weathered boat at the ocean's edge.
And I'm not tied to life on the land anymore,
And it's another good day on the north shore."

I trained the camera lens on a single sailboat and hummed the opening stanza of a song that quickly sorted itself out under my baseball cap.



Move over, Bob Dylan.

The next verse to follow.

Please link to Fourth Ride 2019.

Photos GH

No comments: