Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I’m So Far Out I’m In: I knew how to pick ‘em in the 1960s

My posts were so long last week I’m still tired.

Click here for my Guinness World record attempt.

This week I’m aiming for succinct. Three main points - that’s it.

For Fathers Day I received three sterling gifts:

A card from my wife with a hand-written note that I can redeem for a hedge trimmer, supper out at El Amanecer, a local Mexican restaurant, or something else I like on a regular basis.

My Fathers Day phone call from my oldest son in Fenelon Falls. [The first thing he did was apologize for not sending a card. I said, save your money. I can live without the $5 Hall Mark sentiment and $50 gift card. I’d just rather get a call. You were going to include a gift card, right?]

And last of all, a framed Bob Dylan poster that my youngest son purchased on ebay.


Funny, he wouldn’t listen to one of my Dylan LPs when he was a teen in the 80s because 'my music' was so ‘not with it’.

“No way!” he’d say. Or nothing at all.

But he’s in the Dylan groove now.

Tell me your favourite Dylan song or LP, and why.

Click here for another short post. Mostly photos.

.

2 comments:

Myshell said...

Happy Father's Day to you GH!

The first Dylan song that came to mind is the one where he sings... everybody must get stoned! That's a Dylan, right?

Then after I really thought about my favorite song, I would have to say, The Times They are A-Changin'

G. Harrison said...

Thank you, Myshell.

"Everybody must get stoned" is definitely Dylan; it's a line from 'Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" from Bob's Blonde on Blonde album.

The Times They are A-Changin' is an excellent choice for favourite song.

GH