Friday, November 24, 2017

Walkn in the U.S.A. (4)

Stop at Stan's for 3 LB. 'Dreamsicle Bar'

[Photo: Okay, it might only be two pounds]

I'm weak.

But I'd been walking a long way and felt I deserved a break. So, Paul and I popped into Stan's Donuts for coffee, and while I stirred in a touch of brown sugar I thought about The Dreamsicle Bar I'd seen in the display window seconds earlier.

"I know, it's huge," I said to myself. "You'll have to walk a long way to burn off just half of those calories. Like, all the way to Little Italy."

It seemed like a reasonable compromise at the time.

Photos from along the way:

 "Hey, I just walked off half a Delicious Bar. Only 4 more miles to go."

 Breakfast at Tiffany's

 The Peacock Door at The Palmer House Hilton


 We should have packed our skates.





 Worth 10 bucks U.S.? The half-pint, setting and atmosphere - priceless.


From one of my favourite places to sit in Chicago.

Please link to Walkn in the U.S.A. (3)

Photos to GH

No comments: