Monday, August 5, 2019

Motorcycle Miles 2019 (4).

Port Bruce Under Sunny Skies

Jonathan Livingstone has one of the best seats in the house.

In spite of the fact I had not been on the Yamaha Virago in three weeks, it started right up. I had a two-pronged ride in mind initially, first to Port Stanley, then onwards to Port Bruce.

Somehow, with my mind wandering - the steady rhythm of the motor and 180-degrees-worth of sharp scenery does that to me - while heading south from London, I made a left turn at the Glanworth curve and found my nose was pointing toward only one target.

They must have seen me coming. The chef at The Corner View handed me the largest BLT I have seen in a long time - if ever - after my first short walkabout for photographs.

Beside the channel, I focus on where the sea meets the sky.

While I checked out the horizon the gulls looked me over. So did the OPP. I think one of the constables said, "Whatch you lookin' at!?", as he passed me by.



 Original size from the GoPro. Beautiful day!



The bike plays lovely tunes while on the road and I admire its reliable, adventurous nature. This 1994 model owes me nothing. 



Another original size photo from the GoPro. 

After lovely rides I park my bike near the back of the house. I let it cool off for an hour or so before I place two bike covers over it. I'm not the type of person who wants it in the living room or who can fix any engine or other mechanical problems that might occur. But I do occasionally stand back and admire its practical nature and think of it in artistic terms.

It's just a machine.

And it's just a whole lot more.  

And so was that BLT!


Photos GH

No comments: