Monday, November 30, 2020

Productive November Draws to an End

 The Walks Take Me Past My Favourite Fish Pond!

The Bike Rides Help Me Catch Up on Reading

1,000 maybe 2,000 Gizzard Shad appeared near the TVP for four
days in late November. I have never seen anything like this.

Introduction:

I started off the month by adding a lot of cycling (recumbent exercise bike) to my weekly routine due to a minor foot injury. Then I combined walking + biking for most days in the rest of the month (e.g., a 4-mile walk + a 45 - 60-minute bike ride while reading WAR by Gwynne Dyer). 

I have such a tall pile of books beside the bike, I will probably continue to 'read and ride' during the cold and slippery months of winter, and wait until warm, pleasant weather returns before I get back to a slow and steady running routine. 

The walk/bike routine takes about two hours

I spotted the "1,000 maybe 2,000 fish" on Friday - Sunday near the TVP,
about 250 metres north of Black Friars Bridge. So did many others!

Most of the shad are mere inches below the surface, very visible to the patient
observer, though many fins appear in front of the spectator, farthest left. Sunday

I finished the month with a good walk on Sunday and a W/B combo today

"Steady Eddie" ended Nov. with a 46.5-mile weekly ave., the same as Oct.

Not much to see today, just a circling shark!

The sky was gray, the water murky; the shad were almost invisible!

Please link to the previous post - A Week's Work in November 2020

Unattributed Photos GH

No comments: