Monday, September 18, 2017

Port Bruce: Big and Blustery (2).

Stay Clam : )

[Photo: Great day for bob, bob, bobbin along in Lake Erie]

Conditions were not big or blustery in Pt. Bruce yesterday. More like sweet  and "I wished I could have stayed longer but I had jobs waiting for me in the workshop."

However, my journey via Virago followed the same line as last week: A stop on the wee bridge on Edgeware Line, just east of Highway 74, so see if I could spot Mr. Snap Turtle. Then passed my favourite barn. Lastly, a stop at The Corner View for a BLT and Key Lime ice cream cone.

Because weather and water conditions were great, I added a dip in Lake Erie to the menu. Among the photos below will be seen a few taken while I bobbed in the water.

 What is that under the bridge? I had to look twice.

 Mud Swallow nests attached to drainage pipe.


 A quiet stream makes an interesting canvas



 One sees deep blue sea and sky to the west

 Faded colours to the south

 World famous pier, as seen from the north shore of Erie.

 As seen from the water.


 Gord's 1994 Virago on the right.

 Well used. Swimming trunks hang from the hand grip (throttle), left : )

 Three gulls glide by, one flattened out like a saucer.

 Go for the views, stay for the BLTs and Key Lime ice cream : )

Two of my favs from Sunday at the Bruce:



Please link to Port Bruce: Big and Blustery (1).

Photos GH

No comments: