Thursday, April 5, 2018

Run Prep 2.

There Will Always Be a Headwind.

Put your head into it. Nice and steady wins the day.

Until I got used to the headwind yesterday, my outing was the kind many walkers/runners enjoy least - one step forward, two steps back.

"Quittin'?" I asked myself early on.

"No. You're dressed for the cold. Maybe go for 4 miles instead of 5," I said.

I put my head down a bit and pushed through Harris Park. And by the time I got to Gibbons I was fully warmed up. The wind seemed more manageable and I knew I'd have it at my back on the way home. 

So, I kept heading north until I hit my 2.5-mile-marker, a bench in the middle of Baldwin Flats. I turned and flew home.

 Good start in April w two 'walk/runs' in four days.

 "I put my head down a bit and pushed through Harris Park." 


Wind at the back is where it's at!

Please link to Run Prep 1.

Photos GH

No comments: