Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Busy Day on Lake Erie

Perch Were Running?

Spread the word. Perch are on a run, jumpin' into the boat!

I think I snapped these photos in Port Bruce 2 - 3 years ago with a pocket camera. And when I had parked my bike I immediately slipped it out of the back pocket of my riding jeans because there was a nice-looking lineup of Harleys next to the channel. Why were they all clustered together, like ducks in a row?

 I asked the question to the lead rider. They were police officers, out of Aylmer,
on a training run. "No problem," I said. "As you were."


Though my interest soon turned toward Lake Erie, I watched as a lone boater entered the Port Bruce channel. Maybe he was all-fished-out, or had reached his limits both fish- and temperature-wise.


A few seconds after he passed me by I noticed that fishing boats on Lake Erie were as thick as fleas. If I'd had a boat I woulda gone fishin' too! It was a warm day but I can still stand the warm for an hour or so if I have an umbrella and a cooler of bevs handy.




The short port pier was crowded as well - and me without a pole and a pocket o'worms - but I had the main drag to myself.



 Lone bike. Lone table and chair at The Corner View Cafe. Lone sparrow : )

Both the bike and the bird have flown the coop (Sold and Sailed). 


Bird: How will you get back to Port Bruce for - literally - thousands of more photos? For A1 BLTs, coffee and Key Lime ice cream at The Corner View?

Gord: I'll ride my bicycle. I'll borrow Pat's car.

(After a serious moment's thought).

Gord: Maybe I'll have me another set of wheels by next summer!

The Green River, north of Sparta

Hey, I only have 14,385 more photos to review, edit, display, thereby boring people to tears!

Hang in there : )

Please link to Port Bruce: Gulls and the Deep End Again.

Photos GH

No comments: