Monday, January 25, 2021

Video: Faint Footsteps, World War II (Part 2)

  Canadian Sailors Volunteer for the Unknown in 1941

Based on Editor's Column (2)

WW I poster declares, "Join today!" Photo Credit - Library of Congress

Introduction:

I was able to string together thirteen columns for my father's hometown paper (The Norwich Gazette) about his WWII experiences before it was closed. I am offering them here in a series of posts that include videos in the 5 - 6 minute range.

I will attempt to write a 14th column as well, then a 15th, and so on, up to at least #24, using some of the photographs and historic details I have found that relate to not only my father but other Canadians in Combined Ops, men who volunteered "for the unknown in 1941."

Presenting VIDEO 2:




Poster found at the Imperial War Museum; Art.IWM PST 14076

More information about training on landing crafts can be found by visiting the A - Z Directory, then go to such headings as Photographs: Camps, Landing Crafts (Parts 1 - 15) and 'Training for Combined Operations' and more.


Questions or comments about the video or role of Canadians in Combined Ops - or related matters - can be sent to me at gordh7700@gmail.com

Unattributed Photos GH

No comments: