Tuesday, January 19, 2021

A Year's Work, 2020

  Steady Progress, Positive Stats, Good Views = A Win 

2020 Sets Me Up Nicely for More Good Clean Fun

"I covered over 2,000 miles in 2020. Many more lie ahead," says Steady Eddie

Introduction:

The journal and monthly stats for the year just past don't lie. 

I walked and ran for fun and fitness for all 12 months, stayed within my limits, suffered only one minor injury, took hundreds of photos, ran my first virtual half-marathon, won my age-group (I was the virtual winner!), earned the nickname 'Steady Eddie' (yeah, I thought of it myself), wore out a few pairs of socks and a couple of pairs of running shoes, kept abreast of the laundry, didn't make any promises I couldn't keep, made a lot of soup in my slow-cooker... but I digress.

Stats for December 2020 tell a colourful tale. "The guy keeps at it!"

By The Numbers:

I walked or ran on 320 out of 366 days in 2020. Or, I got out the door on 87.4% of the days of the year. Makes me think, if I'd scored that high in math and science while in school... why, I coulda punched my own ticket!

That being said, even at my current age (70+), my prospects look bright for the future. I may not walk/run as many miles - on average - over the next ten years as I did in 2020 (2,381 miles, or 3835 km), but I bet I'll be 2,000-plus miles for at least a few more years. I'll keep journals and stat sheets, and keep adding posts here on occasion. You're welcome to visit anytime!

For the first three months of the year I was a member at a local YMCA, so that boosted my mileage. And in the future I don't know if the YMCA will be an option for me, and if it is, I don't know if I will want to return. I seem to be doing AOK out on the city pathways and I'm discovering new routes as I go along. So, a dip in mileage is somewhat expected. 

At present, I am maintaining a 45-miles-per-week average (45 miles x 52 weeks = 2340 mi.; nice goal) and that is very close to my 2020 average (45.8 mi./wk.). I am motivated by the desire to run another half-marathon in April and run at least as fast as I did last year. Beyond that we will see what we will see. 

So, "outward and onward" I shall go.

A few photos from the highlight reel:

"Cheers! Hope to see you out there!" Powered by Guinness

"There are a lot of stories out on the trails. How about a '1000 fish' story! 

The TVP South Branch is a peaceful route

One season ends, another begins

Please link to The GREAT Canadian Fish Story (1)

For more details about Gizzard Shad please visit "1000 Maybe 2000 Fish": The Movie : )

Yes, more fun and fitness ahead, and more fish than you can shake a stick at!

Photos and Videos GH

No comments: