Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Recent Entries at Harrison INK

     10 LINKS @ HARRISON INK

Gord H. last updated INK on July 27, 2021.

Please visit any of the links below:

The Comox District Free Press (Parts 1 - 6) at 1,000 Men, 1,000 Stories by GH

Photo Credit - The Comox District Free Press, April 19, 1945

Comox, BC: The Comox District Free Press 1944-45 (6) at 1,000 Men 1,000 Stories  by GH

Sailors visited Tree Island w friends via landing crafts 1944 and '45
Photo Credit - Michael Foort, Vancouver Island Postcards, No. 91


pencil, red and blue ink design from 1960s English notebook
"Sure, I doodled but I was still listening to the teacher," I say


Some Canadians in Combined Ops served on Vancouver Island, 1944 - 45
Navy base HMCS Givenchy III was later renamed HMCS Quadra (above)
Photo Credit - The Crowsnest

Comox BC: The Comox District Free Press 1944 (5) at 1,000 Men, 1,000 Stories by GH

I may have to head out west again. I've learned that sailors vacationed around 
the point at Kye Bay (centre, background). Hmmmm.... I'd like that hike!

Comox, BC: The Comox District Free Press 1944 (4) at 1,000 Men, 1,000 Stories by GH

I believe this to be a WWII-era building, still standing on The Spit, Comox

moderne arte: let's go back to the 70s (5) at It Strikes Me Funny by GH

A three-part series that might really float your boat by gah

Comox, BC: Some History - HMCS Givenchy III, 1940s (2) at 1,000 Men, 1,000 Stories by GH

HMCS Quadra on 'The Spit', Vancouver Island, formerly known
as HMCS Givenchy III during World War II. Photo GH, 2014

The Comox District Free Press 1944 (3) at 1,000 Men, 1,000 Stories by GH

Combined Operations training at The Spit, Comox BC 1944
Photo Credit - Six Years of WarPage 114

The Comox District Free Press (2) at 1,000 Men, 1,000 Stories by GH

More about the history of HMCS Givenchy III, a navy base on Vancouver
Island, home to Canadians in Combined Ops during WW2, from 1944 - 45

The Gateway to Seven Blogs:

My father, Doug Harrison (V8809), holds an anti-broaching line to steady an
English landing craft as US soldiers disembark in North Africa, Nov. 1942

1. 1,000 MEN, 1,000 STORIES - My chief interest. My father (far left, above) was a World War II veteran, 1941 - 1945, served in the RCNVR and Combined Operations, for better and for worse.

2. FAINT FOOTSTEPS, WW2 - A growing story about my ongoing search for more information related to my father's World War II adventures.

3. IT STRIKES ME FUNNY - My longest serving blog with more topics to consider than one can shake a stick at.

Gord Harrison on a dusty day outside The Workshop

4. THE WORKSHOP - Everybody needs a workshop, in my humble opinion.

5. THE GREAT CANADIAN COMEBACK - Short reports re my fun and fitness routine, in search of svelteness. I walk, run, lift weights and put things down... on paper.

One of London's well-used walking, running, and cycling routes

6. Stories, Prose and Songs - This blog is largely ignored by me and the world. However, one day you'll hear one of my songs or stories on the radio and you'll say, "I know that guy."

7. Four Mugs and Coffee - This blog was once home to a lively group effort, but now is home to just a few very good ideas. For example, it's home to a brilliant screenplay, Death by Misadventure.

Look in on one blog, then another. Collect the whole set!

Photos GH

No comments: