Tuesday, June 29, 2021

moderne arte: let's go back to the '70s (5)

Submarine Scenarios Have Connections to the 1970s

Before There were Yellow Submarines, There was Seaweed

Some easy doodles create colourful chains of underwater weeds

Introduction:

My memories related to "serious doodling" go back to my days at the University of Western Ontario (beginning in 1968, and even earlier, to long high school classes. My attention wandered and the inside covers of my workbooks were decorated with this and that - none of it related to school assignments.

Easy doodles looked like maps, plant life of some kind, creatures from the lost lagoon and cartoon characters. Shakespeare or details related to world history didn't stand a chance.

Below are photos of this and that, some related to very moderne arte linked to ancient times at NDHS:

Somebody elses's art work, encountered during an afternoon walk

My first series of 20 line designs - like above - has come to an end... for now.
Visit 'moderne arte' parts 1- 4; link at bottom of this page

My first attempt at an ancient doodle immediately became seaweed

I picked a yellow submarine to enter the underwater landscape
We all live in one, do we not?


In the month of June, 2021, I completed three underwater scenes with black ballpoint pen, a $2 box of 6 magic markers, and an assortment of pencil crayons"













More 'moderne arte', with links to the 1960s*, will soon follow.

For more 'Moderne' items please link to moderne arte: let's go back to the '70s (4)

*based on one example I share, saved from the back of my high school English class workbook.

Photos GH

No comments: