Friday, August 1, 2014

Bird Watching

I Nailed It

 ["Gord! Gord! The sparrows are taking over!" says Mr. C.]

I think I know why my feeder has been so popular - there are lineups to get in - for the last few weeks. Three reasons.

["How long do we wait down here 'til there's room?"]

A little birdie told me about the best seed mix in town... and I listened.

["Go lighter on the crushed corn. Heavier on the sunflower seeds."]

A lovely dove suggested upgrades to the bird bath... and I listened.

["The rock is good. And change the water regularly."]

And finally, a squirrel showed me how it was getting into my feeder and eating almost all of the birdseed. It squeezed through the hole in the old metal lamp shade that was wired to a wooden support under the feeder. So, about a month ago I grabbed a sturdy hammer and tapped nails into the bottom of the support, effectively blocking - in a pointy sort of way - the squirrel's open door to a free meal.


["The squirrel still poked his head through the hole for a couple
of days, but now doesn't even bother to climb the pole. I win!!"]

The birds are now feeling right at home. Me too.

Link to Bird Watching

Photos GH

No comments: