Friday, August 15, 2014

The Workshop

Not Your Typical Day (1)


The day inside the shop started earlier than usual. I had a full line up of things to do and a Friday deadline with one rare item, i.e., a western cedar Mission-style church for 'Father John', a retired priest.

["Finished before my later than usual Thursday lunch"]

["Special window treatment and bell pull"]

["Stained-glass shows off the brass bell and tower"]

The birdhouse was ordered by Joe Flagler of Fenelon Falls and is made entirely from cedar rescued from his May - June dock renovation (except for the gray barn board base, which comes new from Handley Lumber Mill, Fenelon Falls). 

Because Joe (my older son's 'best of neighbours') gave me a truckload of lumber from his reno I set down the church's recipe in good detail. I'll use the plans, measurements and photos for a second, similar model sometime in the future.

Link to The Workshop

Photos GH

No comments: