Friday, September 25, 2015

Motorcycle Miles - Brownsville, ONT

Small Towns Do It Right

"Empty streets"

"Empty sidewalk and park"

I had the main street of Brownsville almost to myself yesterday afternoon. One pedestrian walked by while I stopped to snap a photo or two, and a couple of trucks rumbled past. Peace and quiet was the order of the day. Fine by me.



I think small towns do it right when it comes to remembering the contribution of some of their community members to war efforts, whether it be WW1, WW2 and beyond, up to the current day. Nearly everyone in a small town feels the loss of a son, brother, cousin or neighbour ("the fella lived right over there"), because there are so few in its ranks, for starters.

Brownsville remembers the sacrifice of others in stone.

Well done, I say.

Link to more Motorcycle Miles

Photos GH

No comments: