Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September 6, 2016 - Harvests, Hockey and Travel

Mish Mash

Still, lots of hops left for another home brewer

A local home brewer recently harvested 20 per cent of my lovely hop crop. He seemed pretty happy and promised to share a few samples of the results. I was definitely happy about that.



Hop harvester is happy with her work at drying rack

My wife Pat and I visited Kingston a week ago. What a great city. I could live there for certain, within walking distance of the downtown and K-Rock Centre, home of the OHL Frontenacs. Go Nacs! The three following photos include the first and last ones taken during our wee vacation, along with one from the middle.

 I stepped out of the hotel and shot the Kingston City Hall

 I shot Old Fort Henry and someone shot back

Pat and I cross an inlet by ferry to get to Picton

So, I've decided not to play hockey this winter.... I've got a lot of other things on the go. Plus, over the last few weeks as a sub, I noticed my skating was coming back but not my hands. Yesterday I received a sweet pass in front of an empty net and I flubbed my shot. Reaction from the bench was immediate.

"You had a wide open net. How could you miss?"

Nobody shoots wide better than me.

Maybe I'll sub again next summer and try to get one back.

Please link to Today in the Life of a Snail

Photos GH

No comments: