Sunday, October 15, 2017

Feeling Some Pressure (6).

After two years of good effort, I think The GREAT Canadian Comeback is about 10% complete. However, during the last month I have been hitting my stride, slow and steady-like, in preparation for my second road race in 12 years.  

Thumb's Up!

[Photo: Uncle Gord and Electric Dan survive the mud] 

Over 15 years ago a group of runners from London raced through Hell (Michigan) and returned home with gym bags filled with muddy, soggy shoes, shorts and T-shirts. The cheese-burgers and Karaoke Night we shared are well remembered; the muddy swamps and dirty clothes are now almost all forgotten. (We had mud up to our thighs in the above photo but didn't seem to care).

Times have changed. In Hell we ran half-marathons. Now I am aiming to complete a 10 Km. race, slow and easy, hopefully without any stoppages - or mud - on October 28 in Springbank Park.

I finished the week with a good run and 2 walks (Total - 28.5 mi.)

Today I start a new week of running and walking, hoping to cover 25 - 30 miles within my limits, and complete three runs in the 4 - 6 mile range. Last week I finished courses of 4.0, 4.25 and 5.0 miles in fine fashion, i.e., slow and steady-like, which is fine by be. And I didn't have to run through one swamp!

Historic Photos:

 The place looks nice on the postcard!

 I say, "Ladies' washrooms? Ma'am, turn left at Swampy Sewers."

My recent route to Baldwin Flats is high and dry. 

Yes, The GREAT Canadian Comeback continues in style.


Photos GH

No comments: