Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The Long Road to PEI (1).

Best Trip Ever!

We stopped for 99 cent hotdogs in Cornwall.
Nothing finer than a hot, Cornwall Steamie!

Pat and I drove to PEI in 2016 after a test drive in our new Civic and a wee vacation in Kingston. We enjoyed Steamies in Cornwall, a lovely drive through southern Quebec, one night at an older roadside motel near the Trans-Can, and finally arriving at Cranberry Cottage (south of Montague, PEI) to visit my sister Lannie and her hubby Jim. 

I took about 1,000 photos, trimmed the digital mass down to about 100 - 150 and present the best here. "Say cheese!" became my favourite phrase as you will soon see. 


Kamouraska country along the south shore of the St. Lawrence River

 Voila! First walk-about on a beach in PEI



 Vineyards and sculptures at a vineyard near Montague






 Hardy Canadians drop anchor outside a winery
















 I fell in love with old fishing huts!

 The fields next to Cranberry Cottage.



 I want a fishing boat. If they come as a pair, I'll take two!


 Brothers, Frank and Jim.



 Jim gives Pat a tour of the countryside around the cottage.



 I shaded the camera with my free hand to block out the sun






Pat learned how to drive very quickly!








 The yard sale of all yard sales! It went on for miles.


 I bought a few things too but I wanted a pair of boats!



A wind from the west blows best, for folks with a good clothesline.

You're not getting off that easy! More photos to follow.

Please link to Wee Vacation in Kingston

Photos GH

No comments: