Monday, October 28, 2019

Wee Vacation in Kingston

Pat and I Take a Road Trip

Selfies at the Kingston Waterfront

Pat and I travel well together. I take care of the driving, she takes care of the music and pays for cheeseburgers : )

I think the trip to Kingston was the first wee vacation we'd taken in a year or more (before that, Ottawa?). We took the 401 there and lakeshore roads, e.g., through Picton, on the way home. We drove in style in our new Honda Civic : )

Photos from along the way:

 Canada's version of The White House. Was Kingston our country's first capital?

 Down by the bay




Rain was in the forecast, and it blew right over my head!


 What would it cost to take the train to Kingston?


I know Joe Spencer, RCNVR. I wonder if William is a relative. 





 Pat's grandmother "Dolly" (Cherry) Tamblyn lived at this apt.

We visit Karen Nuttall, Pat's cousin in Gananoque 



 "Okay, so Gord's paying this time. Let's take a good look!"

 After dinner I take a long walk-about.





The second day began with a tour of City Hall. Excellent stained glass, in my opinion:




 David S. Tamblyn had his WW1 book published at Jackson Press

 Pat and I found a quaint alley way!




Our trip home took us via lakeshore roads and the ferry route to Picton:




Last photo. Once we hit dry land we headed west to London.

I recall we stopped twice on the way home. We visited a new brewery - at Pat's insistence - between Picton and Trenton and we also visited one of our Catton cousins north of Trenton and the 401. In fact, I think I owe her a bunch of photos of her dad, my uncle Arthur!

Please link to Go East Young Man (1)

Photos GH

No comments: