Saturday, October 19, 2019

Youth is in Our Eyes

A Poem for Pat and I.

You will laugh and know

when I was a young man

I wrote long poems for you.

now that I am older

I write a song or two,

and hope the lines

though short on heat

won’t miss a beat

but catch you by surprise.

and you will laugh and know

our youth is in our eyes.

by gah

Pat and I travelled to Boston in April, 2005.

I was running the last few miles in the Boston marathon when I spotted Pat in the thinning crowd, waving a Canadian flag across the street from our hotel. I was delighted to see her but did not stop for long. The clock was ticking.

After the race she met me back at our room and she greeted me with a few packaged lunches and some bottles of beer, kept cold on ice in the bathroom sink. She saved my life! : )

The next day we had a very pleasant walk-about in a great American city, and visited "Cheers Restaurant" (where I wolfed down a fat cheeseburger and tall mug of wieners and beans in under 30 seconds). Later, a Boston firefighter took our picture inside the station I'd passed the day before, at Mile 25 or so, about 5 - 8 minutes from the finish line.

I'm thinking now we should go back to Boston and repeat the walk-about if we can, and definitely visit "Cheers" for more beans and weenies and smiles!

Cheers, Pat!

Please link to more Family Photos at Paul and Ollie at Port Bruce

Photos GH and a Boston Fire-fighter

No comments: