Saturday, March 27, 2021

Video: Walking and Film Shorts (5)

  The GREAT Canadian Comeback Continues with More Flexibility

Plus, I Film a Few Fish in an Underwater Setting

Many of the fish that over-wintered are looking pretty rough!

Introduction:

The good weather in March, particularly from the 21st - 25th, spoiled me. I walked and biked in t-shirt and shorts and got a little sun on my winter-white legs. Look away! Look away! 

As well, I found the perfect opportunity to photograph and video the fish (Gizzard Shad) that over-wintered in Carling Creek (a wee tributary of the Thames River in London ONT) just north of Blackfriars Bridge. 

So, related to my walking, biking and running progress - all goes well. Though I feel I could train quickly for an April half-marathon - my 45-miles/points per week average keeps me in good trim - I have decided to give it a pass and get back into running very slowly this spring, and keep my eye on the possibility of a summer or fall half-marathon. 



Entries in my journal (above) over the last full week in March reveal that I'm either using up a lot of bandages or have added a new feature to my fun and fitness routine. The last bit is true. The plus-sign indicates that I completed a 'stretching + weights' routine (STR + WTS; add one-half point per day) after 3 walks and 1 bike ride in a five-day span. The new routine is almost a regular habit now and I think it will help me achieve an important goal as I make my comeback, i.e., ultimate svelteness! 

I will end the month with a few more walks, and perhaps another lengthy bike ride in the new and improved TVP North Branch (stretching all the way to Highbury Avenue!). And I'll end this post with a portion from my first underwater video... didn't even get my feet wet!

Video: Walking and Film Shorts (5)


Please click here to view Video: Walking and Biking Shorts (4)

More entries will follow as the GREAT Canadian Comeback continues.

Photos and Video GH

No comments: