Thursday, March 25, 2021

Photographs: Lots of Walkn and Fishn in 2021

The Months Go By, in Foto Files from January - March

The "1000 Maybe 2000 Fish" Survived the Winter

Some vivid memories return as I search my Foto Files

Introduction:

I did more walking and biking than running during the first three months of this year due to a slight foot problem. As a result, I carried a camera on more days than not.

Below are 53 photos from different walking trails in the city of London. I include as well one 14-second video, fish related. Gizzard Shad filled a small tributary (Carling Creek) of the Thames River just north of Blackfriars Bridge beginning in late fall, and a handful survived the winter. That being said, 1000s of minnows now inhabit the same portion of the aforementioned creek, so another round of "fish fotos" may grace these pages in the future.

First, here's a view from my front porch while I'm lacing up my boots:



The first flowers of January!




Only one bench left on TVP North


I'm impressed with the good ice opposite Harris Park, London


TVP West, aka Terry Fox Pathway


Morse Code on my back deck: "Wear warm socks"


The neighbourhood skunk had a walk-about the back yard






The entrance to the skunk's den, under my shed



On the TVP West to Wonderland Gardens:













On the TVP North, on the flats near UWO:



Downtown London is linked via TVP to UWO:













I spotted just a few fish near Blackfriars, early March:



I'm now on TVP West:












The last snows of March, 2021:







This is a puzzle, north of Wortley Village:



I'm heading north to Gibbons Park on St. Patrick's Day:


















A wee bit o' green in Gibbons Park


                     A wee bit o' grin in Gibbons Park on St. Paddy's Day



The "1000 Maybe 2000 Fish" are now "100 Maybe 200 Fish":




Some of the Gizzard Shad look pretty beat up!

Presenting... the One Video!



Wee minnows are abundant in Carling Creek











More photographs to follow. I walk, run, bike and take pictures.

Questions or comments can be added below. Cheers!

Please link to more news and views (pics) at A Year's Work, 2020

Photos, Video by GH

No comments: