Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It Strikes Me Funny: “I’ll dust off my Zenith”

The John Labatt Center was hopping last Friday night as the London Knights downed the Windsor Spitfires three to zip.

Several times during the game the following intriguing message was displayed upon the jumbotron over center ice.


[iPhone photo by R. Anderson]

I told my two friends I would dust off my old Zenith (the Royal 710, circa 1960) and look for an earbud.

As of today, I've dusted it off. But...


[Royal 710 photo by GHarrison]

What are the chances it will still work? What are the chances I’m willing to part with a few bucks for six batteries (D cell, if I recall correctly)? What are the chances the folks at JLC will let me into the next home game with the Royal 710 ‘portable listening device’ under my arm?

More to follow.

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: