Friday, March 23, 2012

Zoom w a View: Climate change concerns in London 2


In a previous post I expressed some concern about the early arrival of spring. Golfers everywhere threw clubs in my direction. Ha! I ducked.

I mentioned a magnolia tree - one block from my house - that had budded in February but had fallen off my radar (I assumed it had been affected by a few cold nights) and presented a few photos of my apricot tree, with buds a-burstin’.


Yesterday, I purposely took my camera as I walked past the magnolia on my way to coffee. The tree is alive and well... a true Hardy boy. I'm happy to learn the tree was not completely thrown off by unseasonably warm March temperatures.


As years go by, and springs get warmer and earlier, we’ll grow more aware of the negative consequences (upon our ‘deforest city’) associated with climate change.

Golfers will likely rejoice ‘til more chickens come home to roost.

[Photos from Cathcart St. by GHarrison]

***

Please click here to view Zoom w a View: Climate change concerns in London 2

.

No comments: