Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It Strikes Me Funny: Strong, captivating legs


I’m developing the habit of walking several times per week and am already enjoying several benefits along the way.

For example, because I usually double up on hills (i.e., if I encounter a steep one, I’ll walk up or down it twice), my legs feel stronger while playing my weekly hockey game.

As well, my posture appears to be better. I’m standing up straighter and, as I walk, I’m not looking at the lines in the sidewalk as often.

Keeping my head up is paying off as well. I’ve noticed more bird activity, whether on branches, in the sky overhead, or in flight toward the ground. Robins are everywhere. London’s worm population is now in steady decline.

I’ve also noticed interesting odds and ends in front yards and windows... not that I’m snooping.


Yesterday, in a house window on Marley Place, I spotted a leg - strong and captivating - that is in better shape than either of mine. Perhaps it belongs to a dancer. For certain, it reminds me of a prop from one of my favourite movies.

Can you guess which movie? My sons will know. For several reasons, to be explained later, they feel it is a movie about their own childhood.

[Photos by GHarrison]

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: