Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Photo Files: Those creative Quebeckers

Grandson Jack is going to Quebec City soon as part of a Grade 8 class trip. (My sons also went to Quebec on a class trip. Did your own? When I was a kid we went to a dairy show in Toronto at the Royal Winter Gardens. I saw enough cow behinds to last me a long time).

My first visit to Quebec City, about a dozen years ago, was very memorable: My wife and youngest son and I stayed at a hostel inside the Old City; I ran a half-marathon into a wind so strong it peeled the skin off my nose; After the race my son introduced me to one of the finest beers in all the land, i.e., Fin du Monde. Have you tried it?; My son and I had our pictures taken in front of a vivid scene.


When I return to Quebec City in the future I will try to find that same scene... painted upon the flat brick walls of tall buildings. The only thing that will look a dozen years older will be me!

Fin du Monde anyone? Anyone?

[Photo by P.Harrison]

***

Please click here for more Photo Files

.

No comments: