Wednesday, May 29, 2013

avian antics 2

Yesterday was a busy day in the workshop, with several birdhouses on their final leg, and 'avian-antics-wise' too. The sound of nervous cheeping lured me toward a shared fence in my backyard. I thought, chickens? Who's keeping chickens?


["I've never seen this before in Old South," I say]

I soon noticed several ducklings on the loose in my neighbour's yard. They looked like they were planning a break-out as they scurried through the grass toward the back fence. After they disappeared behind a few bushes I walked out the gate of my own backyard and looked down the lane. Mrs. Duck greeted me with a very worried look.


"I hear them, but where the h-e-double-hockey-sticks are they?" she seemed to say.

Within a few seconds, however, her brood formed a line behind her, and together again (for the most part) they headed south, leaving me with more questions than answers.


Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read 'avian antics 1'

And please click on the labels below for more adventures.

No comments: