Wednesday, May 29, 2013

avian antics 2

Yesterday was a busy day in the workshop, with several birdhouses on their final leg, and 'avian-antics-wise' too. The sound of nervous cheeping lured me toward a shared fence in my backyard. I thought, chickens? Who's keeping chickens?

["I've never seen this before in Old South," I say]

I soon noticed several ducklings on the loose in my neighbour's yard. They looked like they were planning a break-out as they scurried through the grass toward the back fence. After they disappeared behind a few bushes I walked out the gate of my own backyard and looked down the lane. Mrs. Duck greeted me with a very worried look.

"I hear them, but where the h-e-double-hockey-sticks are they?" she seemed to say.

Within a few seconds, however, her brood formed a line behind her, and together again (for the most part) they headed south, leaving me with more questions than answers.

Photos by GH


Please click here to read 'avian antics 1'

And please click on the labels below for more adventures.

No comments: