Friday, May 3, 2013

dressing up a big, bold birdhouse


It's a 30-pounder at least and - yesterday, while leaning over a deck railing - I was barely up to the challenge of lifting it over my head and placing it snugly atop a 10-foot pole. Perfect, I thought, after massaging straight my crooked back.


Today, life in the shop will be easier. I will continue the process of dressing up the biggest birdhouse I've made this year.

Perches, freshly painted score board, baseball 'odds and sods'. Whatever I finish today will be easier on the back that the overhead lift.



Within days the birdhouse will be ready for delivery to a grand location, i.e., near a hale and hearty group of trees just west of the right field stands at Labatt Memorial Park in downtown London.


Perfect again, I say.


Photos by GH

***

Please click here to view 'today's lineup'

No comments: