Friday, August 23, 2013

In London with Loot (4): "Gord sinks to a new low"

Many readers know what I'm up to when I'm in my shop. Birdhouses, shadow boxes and odd jobs are underway. And occasionally I'm thinking of something new.

["Cool loot from a few flea market stalls in Kingston"]  

When I look at my recent purchases from Kingston and Ganonoque I see unusual birdhouse trim and perches. And I see big savings - I dickered with a few flea market vendors - especially when I pick up a heavy glass jar with grimy lid. Oh, it's a beauty it is.

["What is this? And what possessed me to buy it?"]

I've already pulled out its contents, tidied the cords and counted, and hefted, the individual treasures. 

["You won't find a better collection of old lead weights"] 

By 'treasures' I mean sinkers or plugs once used by an experienced fisherman from the north shore of Lake Ontario. I'm now lead to believe there will be heavy shadow boxes in my future.

Photos by GH 

***

Please click here to read In London with Loot (3)

No comments: