Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bird Watching: "too early, too gray"


A few birds keep to an early morning schedule. One flew off as I approached the back window. For most, however, I think I'm up too early to see them, and even if they come now the sky is too gray for a good photo.

That being said, the quiet scene reminded me of one gray squirrel who gave it a go yesterday, and tried to shinny the pole. He did not meet with success. His body was too big to squeeze through the centre hole and the shifting metal shade blocked his attempt to go around.

I say again (and will again in the future because it's exciting - possibly earth-shattering - news), I haven't seen one squirrel in the feeder this year!!

Hoooooray!

["Mrs. C is always welcome. She's looking gray, eh. 
Mr. C will follow shortly, I'm certain"]

Photos by GH

No comments: