Sunday, March 9, 2014

WW2: Connecting w a Veteran (13)

Lloyd, a WW2 veteran who sailed the same waters as my father, and I have nailed down a date for our first visit. Yesterday he wrote the following, in response to my last email ('Whatever works best for you and your family, Pat and I are flexible'):

My daughter in law returned the book this afternoon so will be ok for your visit. I live at XX Lane off ROYAL ORCHARD in XX, can send you directions how to get here if you need them.Will be great to see you and your wife. Lloyd

Today I wrote the back:

Thanks for the address Lloyd. I will look you up on GPS and should be able to drive right to your laneway next XXday PM, March XX. I bet we can be at your house by 1:30. I will call to confirm before we leave, and we look very much forward to meeting you and your wife, and son, if he is available. Cheers, Gord

Lloyd has two books ready for me, and I the same for him.


We should have a lovely time.

Call me a happy camper.


Photo by GH






No comments: