Friday, July 12, 2019

Motorcycle Miles 2019 (3).

Wanted - Sailor for 'Dream Catcher'  

Sailboat needs to raise the mains'l. Slight breeze up ahead.

My motorcycle hums while I do the singing,
Miles disappear, a horizon nears, words end on a high note.
Give me the breeze, the lakeside view on the north shore,
And a sturdy boat with a well-worn map of the coast.

Sail on, MacDuff!

*****

Remember when I said...

Port Bruce was packed to the gunnels when I entered by way of the lakeside road. Sailboats, kayaks and more glided upon the waters of Erie's north shore.

The smell of French Fries, malt vinegar and cheese burgers greeted me as I parked opposite The Sand Castle diner.

Well, I'm hoping the memories of sights, sounds, smells, and the savoury brush of a cool, lakeside breeze on my face never leave me. 

As a destination I covet the north shore of Erie. My senses want to take it in, can almost take it all in with full satisfaction - without getting full to the brim. I know there will always be more.

"Shirley. Look. He missed the channel."

[Overheard beside the boat channel at Port Bruce:

"Shirley. Look. He missed the channel."
"And he's going way too fast for the channel!"
"Oh, lookit, Shirley. He's pulling a skier."
(Shirley - upset). "You shouldn't ski in the channel!"]

Sometimes the only thing better than hearing odd conversations while "feelin' the breeze" is spinning a Key Lime cone in my hand, not letting one golden drop of ice cream hit my motorcycle boots.

And remember when I said...

"I sold my house well over a year ago,
Bought a weathered boat at the ocean's edge.
And I'm not tied to life on the land anymore,
And it's another good day on the north shore."



"I'm down to four shirts, one hat, a pair of shorts,
Breakfast is coffee and a wide view from my deck.
Life aboard Dream Catcher is a quiet, never lonely affair
And I keep busy, productive, by turning 'found objects'
into personal history, all for sale at low prices."


Where the land and sky meet the sea.

'Dream Catcher' is a dream. "A wide view from my deck" is too, but I can see it every time I hit the north shore.

"A life with small pleasures close at hand - the north shore -
Is warmer than possessions, more savoury than store bought."


"With sandals in my hand, the hot sand quickens my pace,
To seek relief in cool waves, wash road dust from my face.
Brown to light blue to turquoise to the horizon, all colours
Blend to one as I sink below the surface of an ancient ocean.

We were born to walk, run, throw, catch, float and swim.
To sail upon or slip under the waves feels like breathing."

"I feel like an ice cream."

News at 11.

Reporting from the north shore!


Photos GH

No comments: