Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Photo Study: Get it Straight. It's Mine.

No, It's Mine. No, It's Mine.

The sun came out both times I reached the bridge.

Yesterday I walked solo, heading north from the front porch.

My plan was two-fold: Toast the day while crossing my favourite bridge (Harrisons have a wee titch of the Irish in 'em after all); Get some miles in, even though my half-marathon race in April was recently cancelled.

After the toast - under a lovely, sunny sky - I walked north to Gibbons Park, did a turn-around at a mileage marker, and headed back toward home. When I reached Blackfriars Bridge the sun came out again, so I took out my camera again.

I spotted two items that I'd missed earlier; solid iron, 'right proper' drain covers, shaped like fish; and a lousy, cheap, spray-painted tag.

Two of the drain covers can be seen in the above photo, and one is about even with the pedestrian, far left. The tag is on the cement guard next to the same pedestrian.

In fact, the guard is tagged twice, once on each side, as if the stoopid taggers are competing for ownership.

"Oh, this baby's mine. This is for me."

"No, it's mine. I'll tag it. It's mine. This is me."

"No. I was here first. Me."

Correction. You're both wrong. You don't possess the turf.

Photos from Along the Way:













More to follow.

Please link to Photo Study: "What's to Study?"

Photos GH

No comments: