Sunday, March 15, 2020

Photo Study: "What's to Study?"

More Gords Than Really Needed.

I'm on my way to U.W.O. to study microfilm from 1943

Last Tuesday I headed north with camera in hand. I wondered if the library at UWO would even be open, due to concerns re COVID - 19. My concerns were not groundless - a lot of events, schools, businesses were already cancelled or closed - but while walking towards the front door of Weldon Library I could see and hear the regular buzz of activity.

Earlier, while passing through Harris Park I stopped twice to take photos. One of my shadow and another of Blackfriars Bridge. 

With the sun at my back and over 3.5 km yet to walk,
I did not pause at the bridge for long.

I did not stop again for photos until the way home. However, my first shot - me and my shadow - became the subject for the following series of manipulations. In the long run, I will spend more time poring over images I culled from a 1943 newspaper (the university has 1,000s of reels!) than the few shots on my camera, but that's another story. And you are welcome to it : )

More Gords Than Really Needed:







The sun was bright, the shadow was distinct. 

I tip my hat to Margeaux C. for taking time to play with the first image, top of page, and try a kaleidoscopic approach.

I thought it was macrame until I enlarged it.

I think that's enough of Gord for one day!

Please link to Foto Faux (3). Finale.

Photos GH

No comments: