Friday, March 6, 2020

The Lady in the Long Black Coat

Walkn Home from UWO

 The lady in the long black coat is almost straight ahead, walkn her dog

I have been walking to the University of Western Ontario for quite a few Thursdays in a row, in order to scan microfilm. On the way home on the last Thursday in February the snow started to blow up a bit... and I had a camera with me.

I took several pictures as I closed the gap between myself and another regular user of the Thames Valley Parkway, starting with a shot or two while we crossed Baldwin Flats on our way south-east to Gibbons Park.

 A snappy day on the university campus


  D. B. Weldon Library is home to a giant cache of microfiche


 I am walking south on Baldwin Flats and notice a black coat far ahead

 Looking back toward the way I came



The lady has almost disappeared from view


 Looking back toward the way I came... again





Some of my favourites, with a bit of editting:





Please link to Scott and Gord's Excellent Adventure - Bermuda 1969.

Photos GH

2 comments:

Andrea Charles said...

Firstly, hats-off to the very catchy caption to this whole blog and every pictures shared in this post speaks for itself. What a beautiful walk captured through the eyes of your camera dear Harrison. The lady in the long black coat along with her Dog was very well perceived and I should say there were moments that did make me as a reader feel a bit spooky.

G. Harrison said...

Thank you for your comments, Andrea. There is a definite link between the post's title and my music collection, i.e., Johnny Cash's
'The Long Black Veil' and Bob Dylan's 'Man in the Long Black Coat'. About feeling "a bit spooky." If you mean it looks like I'm stalking her, I have to agree, and thought so myself as I edited the photos. I had my chance to say I took several photos of her (and dog) that day, because I eventually passed her and we exchanged friendly greetings. Next time she and I cross paths, I will talk to her about the photos... and report back.