Thursday, April 3, 2008

It Strikes Me Funny: Listerine kills bugs and relationships

Short email from my sister: Subject: Listerine to kill mosquitoes!!

“The best way to get rid of mosquitoes is Listerine, the original medicinal type. The Dollar Store-type works, too. I was at a deck party a while back and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine and the little demons disappeared.”


There was more about the power of Listerine but you get the message.

I emailed back: Thanks Lannie,

I used to gargle with it because I knew it "killed the bugs", but not mosquitoes; then Pat started buying cheaper, fruitier flavours which didn't kill the bugs in my mouth for long.

Now I just chew gum on occasion and let people take their chances with my breath.
PS You’ve been warned.

[Well done; Al Gore spreading the news about climate change; local MP takes part]

No comments: