Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Postcards from the Side of the Road

I enjoy stopping the motorcycle at the side of the road, snapping a few pictures and knowing I'll have a bit of fun with the shots when I get home.

Years ago when I wanted to edit a photograph I'd talk to the guy at the camera shop about this and that for half an hour or do it myself after getting out coloured markers, scissors, scrap paper, assorted chemicals from a homemade science kit and a bottle of glue.

Now, I can sit at my computer and get what I think are pretty decent edits with the click of a button.

I can playfully experiment with cropping, enhancements, colours and other relatively cool effects and not blow up the house in the process.


[St. Marys, Ontario]

Sometimes, if I’m lucky, I’ll see something in the photo that will draw me back to the location of the shot for a second look.


[Port Bruce, Ontario]

And yes, it helps that I’m retired and my wife occasionally gives me a few bucks to fill up the motorcycle.

[Visit Four Mugs to see two more photos from a recent ride]

No comments: