Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Workshop: Finally. Jelly beans are getting painted

After a long delay, I’m finally back to work in the shop, and all I can say is...

... three down. Three to go.


That’s only as far as first coats are concerned. Second coats next. Then back doors have to be attached and the fronts have to be decorated with windows and doors and signage.


Signage will include street names and numbers, e.g., 24 Newfoundland Dr., 42 Water St., 6 Flower Hill St., 14 Portugal Cove Rd., etc.


["A long way to go to fill the tank on my motorcycle": photos GH]

I was told recently the colourful houses in St. John’s that I am trying to copy (somewhat) are called ‘jelly bean houses’ by some.

If you live in a jelly bean, send me a picture and address. ‘Cause I’m not done yet, as you can see.

***

It feels great to get back to work, at long last.

Please click here to visit The Workshop again.

.

No comments: