Saturday, July 30, 2011

Zoom w a View: Isolated showers bring isolated rain drops

My front lawn has been a hard-baked surface for several weeks. Rain has been scarce.

I tried driving a stake into my neighbour's yard a few days ago, to help him keep a gate in place, and I could hardly break the surface of the ground. I made the point on the stake sharper. I hit the stake harder with my hammer. I purchased half an inch. My neighbour looked over his shoulder to see if someone stronger was standing idly nearby. The look of disappointment on his face was disconcerting!

Yesterday, during a brief isolated shower, I grabbed my camera.


["An isolated rain drop.": photos GH]


After capturing a couple of isolated rain drops on film, another thought entered my mind. I should grab my hammer and stake. I should try again to impress my neighbour with my strength.

The rain quickly past. So did the thought.

***

Please click here for more Zoom w a View.

.

No comments: