Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bird Watching: “Where are Mr. and Mrs. C?”



Yesterday, after seeing Mr. C on a nearby tree, I assumed everything (re his nest and mate) was AOK. Later I posted day-old pictures of Mrs. C. sitting on her nest. Things may have changed.

This morning, shortly after quietly closing the front door (I didn’t want to frighten Mrs. C if she was sitting upon her nest in my front yard apricot tree), I noticed a scattering of twigs upon my walkway, steps from the porch, and directly under the cardinal’s nest. 

I wondered if a squirrel or cat had done a dirty deed. 


I looked toward the nest and saw no movement, and since then I’ve not seen or heard Mr. or Mrs. C in the neighbourhood.

Where could they be?

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here for more Bird Watching

No comments: