Thursday, July 5, 2012

Things I Like in London 4



Last week, on a day when a popsicle would melt and fall into one's lap within 30 seconds, grandson Ollie and I visited one of many green spaces and playgrounds within reach of my house. 

I parked my bike under a shade tree (at a wee park on Duchess St., one half block east of Wharncliffe. Ollie calls it 'The Green Park') and watched him dig in the dirt for several minutes before I suggested a swing ride... to create a breeze, to keep me awake.

After the swing we rested under another shade tree near my bike and Ollie's trailer. Cold juice my wife had packed for us went down well. Sweet.

And so was the shade, and faint breeze, as we sprawled atop the cool grass.

'The Green Park' is A1.

[Photo by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here to read Things I Like in London 3

No comments: