Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Workshop: “More of the same? A bungalooo?”



When it comes to creating new birdhouse designs I usually have no problem. I have several how-to books in my workshop, as well as a handful of coffee table books filled with photos of unusual birdhouses. (I’ll know I’ve reached the big time when one of my birdhouses appears in a coffee table book marked down to $2.00 at a used-book store. I await the day with pride).

Sometimes the colour, density, flavour, heft, quantity (etc.) of the wood guides my decision concerning what to make. A small single? A complex duplex? A rare bungalooo? Roll the wood slowly over in your hand, Gordie, I say. Smell it. Think.

And that’s what I’m doing. I’m thinking.

[Photo by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here for more from The Workshop

No comments: