Friday, December 19, 2008

Six Shopping Days

Does Chapters count as a mall or big box store?

If so, then I blew it.

I was doing great at staying out of the malls and under $100 for Christmas gifts (not per person - I mean $100 total spending, with an emphasis on small and homemade), until I finished reading The Long Emergency.

[See Read This, side margin].

Right after closing the book three nights ago I thought, my kids need to read this as well.


So, on top of books organized on my iMac and items from my workshop, I bought four small gift certificates at the book store.

I know a library card is free but if I told my sons and their wives to sign it out or get on a waiting list they’d never read the book.

However, on the bright side, with only six snow-filled shopping days left ‘til Christmas, I’m done.

Sure, it’s early yet, but it’s time for eggnog.

***

Yes, I caved. I really should be telling my adult children to make their own books or go to the library!

.

No comments: