Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Workshop: Barn board bonanza, dust flies

[“I still derive a lot of pleasure from making sturdy houses - all shapes and sizes - out of leftover or rescued odds and ends.” GHarrison, Nov. 8]

Last week, the weather turned warm, I pulled the three tarps off my rescued lumber pile and - “Hey, ho, away we go! - hidden beneath a couple of scrappy boards I discovered barn board long forgotten.

“Bonanza!” I said to myself, and ideas for its use immediately sprang to mind.

Birdhouse with a sense of time and place, I thought. Whitey’s Bait Shop. Harrison’s Antiques (Est’d 1894). Gertie’s Gift Shop. Earle’s Odds and Ends.


["Building 'antique shops' will keep me off the streets": GH]

Now that rainy weather has past over, I can trim the edges of the last few boards, then reach the new lumber that’s also ready to roll.

Dusty times ahead.

News at 11.

***

Please click here for more from The Workshop.

.

No comments: