Wednesday, October 3, 2012

London Water Bill: “We will pay more for water” PT 3


My plan about London’s water rate increases is brilliant in so many ways. Small users catch a break because they conserve, medium users are encouraged to become small users, and large users - people and businesses that use the most water and put the biggest demands on infrastructure - pay more for the privilege.


“It will cost more to water my big lawn.”

“It will cost more to wash my car.”

“It will cost more to fill my pool.”

“It will cost more to send my kids swimming.”

“The price of golf will go up.”

“The price of beer will go up.”

True, some users will pay more for some household duties and recreational activities.

In my opinion, some increases are long overdue.

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

What other activities will cost more? 

Please click here to read London Water Bill: “We will pay more for water” PT 2

No comments: