Monday, April 8, 2013

intermission missions

I've been following some local hockey games over the last few years and during intermissions I usually do one of four things, i.e., go for coffee, chat with seatmates, stretch my legs or sketch my next plan for a birdhouse. (I know, I gotta get a life).

"How about a 'tiered roof' model?" I asked myself recently while two Zambonis made their rounds. I replied, "Draw it up." I had about 12 minutes left on the clock.

["I plan to cut the sides at 7 degrees"]

["Yup. The roof slats will be properly spaced"]

I cut, painted and assembled two birdhouses over the last two days with peaked rooves cut at a 45 degree angle. My impression is that the next pair will look better cut at a 31.5 degree angle and that contrasting colours of cedar will look better than paint.


That's just my impression but I'll likely know more by Friday, after the next hockey game.    

Photos by GH

***

Please click here for more from the workshop

No comments: