Tuesday, April 2, 2013

right place, right time

One of my favourite hang-outs is found at the corner of Talbot and Carling in downtown London. When I'm there I'm usually found snug in a corner table with a notepad on the table. Ideas and my pen fly. My camera comes in handy too on occasion.

["Keep a lid on it? No, let 'er rip!"]

Last week, after attending a presentation at Wolf Hall, I popped into my hang-out, jotted down a few notes, drew a few sketches of this and that, paid up and walked outside just in time to see the sidewalk vents outside Chaucers blow their stack.

Several people standing nearby stopped what they were doing to marvel at the sight. They were momentarily enveloped by the steam - along with much of the street - and their conversation stopped.


They soon reappeared and began to chat excitedly.

I say, simple pleasures are often the best ones of all.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here for other famous photographs


No comments: