Tuesday, April 2, 2013

two at a time

I spent last week adding trim to a pile of birdhouses so tall  - twenty-seven houses tall! - it blotted out the sun. I enjoyed the process but, as I added a chimney to the last one in the pile, I told myself to do things differently next week.

Next week has arrived and yesterday I finished building two at a time, not six or eight. The slower pace was a treat and I promised myself I would do that again. (Maybe today).

["The cabins sit in sawdust, some of it their own"]

Once the final bits of trim were in place I set the wee log cabins in a sawdust pile outside the shop door. They seem to look right at home, don't they?

I think I'll have my own red cedar cabin one day, but without the hole over the front door. 

(Hmmm... how big is my own backyard?)

Photos by GH

***

Please click here for more from the workshop

No comments: