Sunday, April 10, 2016

In Passing: Betty Francis Wilhelmine (Nuttal) Tamblyn

Betty Tamblyn, Jan. 13, 1921 - April 8, 2016

Betty with her children, David (front), Danny (back), Pat
Photo, Kingston cottage, beside the St. Lawrence, 1952

I met Betty Tamblyn a few days after meeting her daughter Pat (my wife) at London Teacher's College in 1970. I instantly liked her red hair and welcoming nature. Over the years I learned she was the constant anchor in the Tamblyn household, the glue that held things together. In the 46 years she was my mother-in-law and grand-mother to my sons, I heard only kind, supportive and encouraging words from her lips.


Betty Francis Wilhelmine (Nuttal) Tamblyn, wife of Robert James Tamblyn, quietly passed away in her sleep at 5AM, on Friday, April 8, 2016 with her 'Daughter On Duty'.

Betty will surely be in my family's collective memory always.

GH

No comments: