Saturday, April 9, 2016

Speed Up, Man 13 "More Shufflin'"

I Think it's the Red Spandex


Somethin's happenin' here. I'm ready and willing and able to shuffle off to Buffalo when conditions are right. I just got home from a 5-miler and the brisk walk - again - included some serious shufflin', some of it right past strangers who seemed to cast looks of admiration toward my shiny red spandex sportswear.

Oh yeah, I believe we have a winner. Red over robin-egg blue.

That being said, it's still early days in my 90-walk set (13/90; I still have a long way to go).

Photos from along the way:

 "I am so ready for warmer weather, except for the shoes"

 "Paths and bridges near UWO are becoming my favourites"

"No, that's not me on the left. Close.... if it was 1966"

Notes to self:

1. Invest in a new pair of sturdy New Balance running shoes. Good shufflin' weather is just around the corner.

2. Slow and steady wins the race, along w red spandex.

3. Use the word 'expandex' in a sentence in the coming week, because I'm bigger around the waist than when I was a long-distance runner of local fame. (I beat a local woman once, last name Swift, in a 10 km road race.)

Please link to Speed Up, Man 11 "Shufflin' Along"

No comments: